Updated Info On JAMB Printed Admission Letter.
Lately, we have received a lot of inquiries from UTME and Direct Entry (DE) candidates trying to verify the authenticity of their admission as appeared on their institution of choice’ website but not on JAMB website.
The candidates have asked questions like “My name is on the admission list published on my school of choice’ website, but my admission status on JAMB website says No Admission Offered Yet, does it mean my admission is fake?”
We want to categorically state that your admission is authentic if it appeared on your school’s official website, even when it is yet to appear on Jamb website. Anybody who says otherwise is simply misleading you for selfish interests!
Some persons online also claim that if candidates does not have the JAMB admission letter purchased through them, such candidates were not actually admitted, even when their names appeared on their school’s admission list. That’s a fallacy!
There are a lot of reasons why some candidates’ name may be on school’s admission list but not on Jamb website and thus cannot print the Jamb admission letter. Such candidates admission are very much valid!
Let’s clear some misconceptions with the following points;
1) Ideally, the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) had sole responsibility to determine who was admitted into any higher institution in Nigeria, but now, the schools actually has the final say on who gets admitted, and thus is the only place you can really get help whenever you have trouble with your admission.
2) JAMB does not have any other way to determine who is qualified for admission but through the schools who organized Post Utme screening tests. The admission lists on JAMB website were first approved by the schools.
If you get the “no admission offered yet” response on JAMB website when your name has actually appeared on your school’s admission list, it’s simply because JAMB is yet to update their database with your details or due to some errors while processing your information which will definitely be sorted out through your school.
In the case of double admission (I.e. Candidates admitted into two different institutions), Such candidates need to reject the less preferred admission and accept the more preferred one by following the instructions supplied by the schools for such cases.
3) Many schools actually do not compulsorily ask for the admission letter printed from JAMB website before admitted candidates can be accepted to the school. Some schools even issue the admission letter themselves.
Therefore, whenever your name appears on your school of choice’ admission list, we advice you get to the school first, then follow the instructions outlined there (and no where else) to accept your admission and proceed with your registration.
4) The JAMB admission letter is of course an important document but you shouldn’t be in a rush to get one to avoid falling into the hands of scammers. Only print the admission letter when you are requested to do so by your school.
Some schools request their students to pay certain amount of money to process the admission letter and validate their admission even years after the admitted candidates have already matriculated.
In the case of students admitted through pre-degree and other related programs whose names never appeared on JAMB website, they will need to regularize their admission with JAMB by following the instructions provided at their school’s admission unit.
5) You can always get the JAMB admission letter anytime, even years after you were admitted and you can do it yourself. You do not need anyone to charge you outrageous fees to get it for you.
You should also beware of scammers who now send fake JAMB admission letters. A word is enough for the wise!
How To Print JAMB Admission Letter:
The new JAMB Admission Letter printing portal allows candidates to print their Admission letters hassle-free at the cost of N1,000 payable online. You can get the original JAMB issued admission letter by following the simple steps outlined below;
- Candidates are to check admission status on JAMB website first to confirm that your admission letter is ready. Click the following link to learn how to do so, https://www.campusportalng.com/jamb-admission-status/. If you get a congratulatory message and the details on the admission notification page are correct, proceed to Step 2. If not, proceed to your school’s admission unit to lay a complaint.
- Visit http://www.jamb.org.ng/efacility/ to create a profile via the Sign Up (New User) Page if you are a new user. For existing users, simply type in your login details. To create your profile, you will provide your valid email address, surname, first name, Mobile No, State and LGA of Origin and password, then click on the Sign Up button. Each candidate is entitled to only one profile.
- Subsequently, you shall use your email address and Password to Sign In.
- Once logged in, you will be taken to the landing page where you will see all available services.
- Select “Print Admission Letter”. This is available on the side bar or on the Home page.
- Once you select this service, a Transaction ID is generated for this service. This will be displayed on the confirmation page screen.
- Review the details displayed on the Confirmation Page. Also, note the Transaction ID displayed in bold in red. The Transaction ID is useful for all future references concerning the Transaction. A copy of this transaction ID will be sent to your registered email address.
- Click on the Continue button if you wish to pay (N1,000) with your card immediately. If you wish to use other payment channels like ATM, Cash at the Bank and Quickteller, please note the transaction ID as it will be required.
- On the Interswitch Payment page, enter your card details and click on the Pay button.
- The status of your payment will be displayed on the “My Payment Section” An SMS and email containing your unique Transaction Identification and payment status will be sent to you after payment. Click on the Continue button.
- Once payment is completed, you will be asked to provide the following: a. Year of Exam and b. JAMB Registration Number. After entering the information correctly, you can now print the Result Slip as shown on screen.
NB: Candidates can change the institution/ course of study initially offered to a new institution /course now offered.
JAMB NOTICE TO ALL 2016/17 NEWLY ADMITTED CANDIDATES:
All candidates who have been offered provisional admission for the 2016/2017 academic session to institutions they did not choose as their most preferred institution (First Choice) or did not choose at all that they are to proceed to JAMB portal: www.jamb.org.ng to make the institution that have offered them admission their most preferred choice.
The same applies to candidates who have been offered courses different from the one they
originally applied to study.
Candidates are to ensure they complete this process on or before December 9th, 2016 to enable JAMB change their admission letters and also adjust their records accordingly.
After effecting the changes as described above, candidates are expected to visit the school that have offered them admission with the confirmation slip that was printed out from jamb website for admission validation.
The CampusPortalNG Team